The entire staff of Eerdmans Books for young readers — Anita Eerdmans, Kathleen Merz, Gayle Brown, and Abbie Roberts, together with publicist Ingrid Wolf — will be in Chicago this weekend for the Annual Conference of the American Library Association.
If you’ll be there, too, read on to find out how to connect with EBYR at ALA 2013.
EBYR at Booth #2427
They will be giving away (while supplies last)
- ARCs of The War Within These Walls, written by Aline Sax and illustrated by Caryl Strzelecki, an illustrated YA novel set in the Warsaw Ghetto
- ARCs of Friends of Liberty, written by Beatrice Gormley, a historical middle-grade novel set in Boston during the American revolution
- Posters, postcards, and bookmarks featuring artwork from a variety of our new titles
Author signings at Booth #2427
- Caldecott honor winner Melissa Sweet, illustrator of A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, will be signing books on Saturday, June 29, from 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Schneider Family Book Award winner Claire Alexander, author/illustrator of Back to Front and Upside Down, will be signing on Saturday, June 29, from 2:00–3:00 p.m. and again on Sunday, June 30, from 12:30–1:30 p.m.
Enter to Win!
When you stop by Eerdmans Booth #2427, you can enter your name in a drawing to win a complete set of titles published in 2013 by Eerdmans Books for Young Readers. This collection of fifteen books will include the following 2013 releases:
- When No One Is Watching, written by Eileen Spinelli and illustrated by David A. Johnson
- A Girl Called Problem, written by Katie Quirk
- The Very Big Carrot, written and illustrated by Satoe Tone
- Young Jerry Ford: Athlete and Citizen, written by Hendrik Booraem V
- Ready and Waiting for You, written by Judi Moreillon and illustrated by Catherine Stock
Claire Alexander will be receiving the Schneider Family Book Award for her picture book Back to Front and Upside Down at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday, June 30, from 3:30–4:00 p.m. in the McCormick Place Grand Ballroom S100.
Eerdmans will be receiving the Batchelder Honor Award for Son of a Gun, by Anne de Graaf, at the ALSC Awards Ceremony on Monday, July 1, from 8:30–10:00 a.m. in McCormick Place Room S401.
Click on the links above to learn more about any of our featured books.