Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can find in a given week.
When No One Is Watching
Written by Eileen Spinelli
Illustrated by David A. Long
Christopher Sat Straight Up in Bed
Written by Kathy Long
Illustrated by Patricia Cantor
The Intolerance of Tolerance
(New in Paperback)
D. A. Carson
Practice Resurrection: A Conversation on Growing Up in Christ
(New in Paperback)
Eugene H. Peterson
News from Eerdmans . . .
- We’ll be celebrating International Book Giving Day next Thursday by giving away five pairs of children’s books here on EerdWord. Don’t miss it!
- We released our latest book trailer, for Claire Alexander’s Schneider Family Award-winning Back to Front and Upside Down.
. . . and elsewhere.
- The Association for Library Service to Children included Anne de Graaf’s Son of a Gun on its 2013 list of Notable Children’s Books.
- Preaching named Hearing the Old Testament (edited by Craig Bartholomew and David J. H. Beldman) one of its Top 6 Books in Biblical Studies for 2012 and featured a total of eleven Eerdmans titles in its 2012 Preaching Survey of Bibles and Bible Study.
- Kyle Moroney’s feature describing EBYR’s recent success at the ALA youth media awards (“Are these books on your children’s reading list? See what Grand Rapids-published books received national honors“) appeared on MLive.com last Friday.
- Daniel Castello published a review of Darrin Snyder Belousek’s Atonement, Justice, and Peace in The Journal of Theological Studies.
- Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat reviewed Niki Daley’s The Herd Boy for Spirituality and Practice, saying, “Daly’s top-drawer writing and illustrations of South Africa make this a perfect vehicle for the promotion of cross-cultural understanding.”
- ChristianRetailing.com featured first-time author Alan Burt (Blessings of the Burden) in its latest “Introducing fresh voices” article.
Eleven-year-old Erik reviewed Eileen Spinelli and David A. Johnson’s When No One Is Watching for Perfect Picture Book Friday on This Kid Reviews Books, concluding, “I think kids 4+ would absolutely LOVE this book like I did!”
- Dyslexia Teacher included Claire Alexander’s Back to Front and Upside Down on its list of “Books for Children and Teenagers with Dyslexia.”
- Nathaniel Claiborne reviewed Barry G. Webb’s The Book of Judges for Marturo, calling it “a superb installment to the NICOT series and an excellent resource on the book of Judges for an evangelical audience.”
- Brandon Vogt gave away three copies of Ralph Martin’s Will Many Be Saved? on his blog.
- Bob Cornwall reviewed David Lawther Johnson’s Learning from My Father on Ponderings on a Faith Journey, saying, “I think you will find this to be a gentle but provocative spiritual read. Enjoy! I did!”
- Esme Raji Codell included Ulrich Hub’s Meet at the Ark at Eight on her “PlanetEsme Picks: Best Books of 2012” list.
- Fuse 8′s Elizabeth Bird declared Eerdmans her “new best friend” after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.