After a successful soft launch three weeks ago, we finally have enough of the bugs worked out that we can officially announce what many of you may already have guessed:
The newly redesigned Eerdmans.com is here at last!
Our old website was a good friend to us. At the ripe old age of eleven, it was a certified geezer in website years, but it wore its senior citizenship gracefully and continued to perform admirably in spite of its advancing age.
Still, though, it was time. Time to bid a fond farewell to the old website. Time to welcome the new one with hearty fanfare.
After nearly two years of planning and development, we are incredibly pleased to be launching the new Eerdmans.com at last, in the closing months of our remarkable centennial year.
Here are just a few of the new or improved features that we are excited to show you:
- A more powerful book search engine and enhanced browsing capabilities.
- A streamlined online shopping experience with increased security.
- A completely new “look” — one that’s stylish and also, we hope, timeless enough to see us through the next eleven years or so.
- More seamless integration with our blog, social media profiles, online catalogs, and e-newsletter.
- A wealth of new and (we think) interesting content that will help you get to know our company, our authors, and our books even better.
- An assortment of new or enhanced resources for authors, educators, ministers, librarians, bookstores, and general readers.
It is our deep hope that you will enjoy browsing and shopping the new site even more than we have enjoyed dreaming up and creating it.
We do beg your patience and understanding as we navigate this transitional period, however. There may be parts of the site that don’t work perfectly at first.
There are a few elements that we know are not yet ready; these we plan to roll out gradually over the next few weeks. (Most notable among these “missing pieces” are author photos and the titles sold through our Books on Demand program. We plan to make both of these available again as soon as possible; we beg your patience in the meantime.)
If you do encounter errors, problems, or broken elements as you begin to explore the new site, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience any difficulty placing an order, please email email@example.com at any time or call 800-253-7521 during our regular business hours (Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. EST).
Check back later today for answers to frequently asked questions and tips on how to get the most out of your browsing and shopping experience on the new Eerdmans.com.
Best regards, and happy surfing!