Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
Coming Soon from Eerdmans
Poems compiled by Lee Bennett Hopkins and illustrated by Helen cann
News from Eerdmans . . .
- Congratulations to the winners of our textbook giveaway! Each will be receiving a textbook of their choice. Check back again next month for another chance to win free Eerdmans books!
- Richard H.
- Cliff V.
. . . and elsewhere.
- Merold Westphal was interviewed on the Christian Humanist podcast about his latest book, Kierkegaard’s Concept of Faith.
- Author Jen McConnel featured a fabulous interview with Linda Vigen Phillips (Crazy) in McConnel’s weekly blog feature, Writers on Wednesday.
- You may have noticed that we’re pretty proud of the diversity of our kids’ books. One form of diversity that doesn’t get much press is disability. The University of Michigan’s Dyslexia Help website published a list of books that are good resources for helping kids with dyslexia learn how to read, including Back to Front and Upside Down by Claire Alexander.
- The Nerdy Book Club posted a list of the “Top 10 Picture Books for Activists in Training,” including Four Feet, Two Sandals (Karen Lynn Williams, Khadra Mohammed, and Catherine Stock).
- Jago has an Etsy store where you can buy signed prints of the gorgeous illustrations from Thank You, God (written by J. Bradley Wigger)!
- Rupert Shortt (Christianophobia) commends Rowan Williams (Being Christian) as a gently persuasive advocate for Christian faith against the new atheists in the Telegraph.
- Kids heading back to school? According to Reading Today Online, librarians recommend The Right Word (Jen Bryant and Melissa Sweet): “This picture book biography of list-maker Peter Roget is at the top of my list. It is fabulous, amazing, brilliant, gorgeous, stunning, and informative.” Middle school librarians Cindy Dobrez and Lynn Rutan of the Bookends blog have posted their own glowing discussion about it too.
- The American Booksellers Association has announced the titles for its 2014 ABC Best Books Catalog. Check out the six EBYR titles on the list:
- The Right Word by Jen Bryant, illustrated by Melissa Sweet
- The Big Book of Slumber by Giovanna Zoboli, illustrated by Simona Mulazzani
- Brother Hugo and the Bear by Katy Beebe, illustrated by S.D. Schindler
- The Geese March in Step written and illustrated by Jean-François Dumont
- A Pond Full of Ink by Annie M.G. Schmidt, illustrated by Sieb Posthuma
- Two Little Birds written and illustrated by Mary Newell DePalma
- An article by Richard Mouw (Called to the Life of the Mind) for Faith & Leadership discusses the contextual nature of leadership.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.