Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
The Wisdom of the Liminal: Evolution and Other Animals in Human Becoming
News from Eerdmans . . .
- It’s been a quiet week here at Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
. . . and elsewhere.
- Travis Jonker of School Library Journal posted “10 to Note” in a preview of books coming in Fall 2014, including The Right Word by Jen Bryant and Melissa Sweet.
- Marvin Wilson was interviewed on The Christian Humanist podcast about his new book Exploring Our Hebraic Heritage: “Dr. Marvin Wilson of Gordon College suggests that too many Christians neglect the richness of their tradition and that this has had serious consequences for the depth of their faith experience.”
- The Right Word (Bryant/Sweet) received a starred review from Booklist Online, which called it a “beautifully illustrated picture-book.”
- The Children’s Book Council’s seasonal showcase, Silver & Gold: Friends New and Old, included When No One Is Watching by Eileen Spinelli and David A. Johnson.
- Monica Edinger had some wonderful words for The Right Word (Bryant/Sweet) on her blog Educating Alice: “…having adored Jen Bryant and Melissa Sweet’s glorious Caldecott Honor A River of Words, I was agog with anticipation waiting for their latest, The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus. And now that I’ve seen it, let me tell you — it was worth the wait.”
- And just for fun, here’s a video Michael Bird (Gospel of the Lord) shared detailing his (facetious) vision for a Bible that combines “transcendence with trendiness” — the Biblica Hipsteria. Check it out at his Patheos blog.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.